It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Gods of Vermin - Your Opinions! 
King of Seasons

Post Re: Gods of Vermin - Your Opinions!
An instrumental would be a great idea! Which reminds me - you've been playing an instrumental live. Is that the one you have mentioned? Because it was really awesome! I very much prefer such instrumentals during concerts where all instruments are involved over solos of each instrument.

----
http://www.myspace.com/kamelot_germany
http://www.myspace.com/xandra73

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Child of Seasons

Admin wrote:
Hey everybody,

....As for the instrumental song: I was planning to have one on this album already but then we had too many good vocal songs to leave one out. I am - at least almost - sure there will be one on the next album.

Oliver

:rockout:

I absolutely agree with that... many good vocalists on this album... which is really nice to hear !!! no over made effects on voices : THANKS to you !!!
we can appreciate the voices for once ! :thankyou1:

this album is Fantastic with a drop of Mystic atmosphere : each song is a discovery a balance between Metal & Classical harmonies & sounds
i love "The Place Where I Hide" for introducing this album : 1:10min of shivers !!! and fit with Gods of Vermin it's ecstasy !!
I'm very very keen on the arrangements. keyboards, guitars, bass, drums, voices : each instrument has it's place and completes very well with the others...
that's my personal opinion : may be (on some of the songs) the bass could be a drop lounder.. but even here we can hear that Jürgen Steinmetz is an awesome bass player..

Acoustic Guitar on The Piper is so nice
Voices arrangement on Wheel Of Guilt IS WOW just the kind I love !!
Wintersmith is A Beautiful song !
Melanchorium :heart: I love this music. Nice to hear Oliver singing. may be one of my favorite song...

since I bought this album I haven't stopped listenning to it.. and each time I can hear things differently...
I'm very thankful and happy to have discover this CD..... plus more to have it offered to BB !!!
xox

:yourock1: Monsieur Palotai !

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thanks for your detailed feedback! And I am glad you like the CD. Hope you have an opportunity soon to check us out live.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Child of Seasons

For me, this album very interesting and original. I did not hear this musical style anywhere earlier... But I don't like an album's sound. Next time, I hope, it will be more expensive and highly qualitative.
And two simple ballads for more commercial success I think should be in the next time too. Girls and parties need for beautiful ballads. :D

Oliver is a good composer and piano player. I think that he can make it. I waited it on Gods of Vermin album, but will hope Oli will hear my wishes. ;)

8/10

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Prince of Seasons

Well, I've had the album for a while now and I haven't actually listened to all of the songs in detail, but the ones I have paid attention to are Gods of Vermin, Dead Man's Shadows, Fall of Byzanz and Belial's Tower.

I have mixed feelings about Gods of Vermin. The intro (with the guitar solo part) I don't like, because I don't think it should be at the start of a song, it sounds more like it should come after a bridge or something. I like the part 'what happens when they come...' up to 'I had control'. Then it gets to the chorus with 'It grows inside...' and I don't like that part because I find it a bit boring and repetitive.

Dead Man's Shadows is overall an awesome song, it's my favourite. I especially like the piano solo, I love it!

Fall of Byzanz is also a really good one, the chorus is my favourite part of the song :D The lyrics are also really good too.

Overall Belial's Tower is awesome too, but I like the build-up to the guitar solo especially.

I should listen to the others but I like Dead Man's Shadows, Fall of Byzanz and Belial's Tower a lot so I listen to them more than the others...

Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Child of Seasons

well, i don't have my album yet, but, the songs i could listening in the myspace, are simple awsome
i can feel the noise, the fear, the love... trhough my veins
is one of the best bands ever!!! greetings from Mexico Sons

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 am
Profile WWW
Child of Seasons

I have not yet but I already listen to songs that I hang very well there is a good sound so I would put 9 / 10 :D

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 pm
Child of Seasons

Hey,

I think the album is a real masterpiece!
When I heard it for the first time I was stunned, because I hadn't expected such beautiful and powerful songs! The thing I like the most about the album is that there are a couple of very heavy headbang-songs on it, but at the same time, there are very light, soft and beautiful songs. (I also love Henning's duet with Simone, Very impressive! :acute1: )
A very impressive album (can't wait for the next album, even if I have to wait for it for more than a year!!!).
I went to the Sons Of Seasons concert in the Dynamo in Eindhoven (the Netherlands) and I was very impressed by the fact that the music was live even better than on cd! I really enjoyed the show!
It was also very cool that I had the chance to meet the bandmembers (Thanks for signing my poster and cd!). You guys ROCK!
Really one of the best concerts I've ever been to!
THANKS! :thankyou1:

Greatz,

Romy

Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:16 am
Site Admin

Thanks for the cool feedback, Romy. Dynamo was small but worth to remember. We will play there again, latest for the release of the next album.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Pharaoh of Seasons

Hey Romy, nice feedback and :welcome1: on the forum.
I enjoyed Dynamo too, if you would like to read my experiences you can read the review topic ;-)
Have a nice time here!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm Elthyra - Mowgli, terror of spammers AND savior of the Chatbox.

Quote:
Tue May 11 2010 Admin talking about the Netherlands:"It's pretty flat there, 'guess they sold the mountains when they needed money for the war against Spain."

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next