It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reviews 
Daughter of Seasons

Post Re: Reviews
Thanks Sona

Heavylaw has posted their review from SoS' concert in Lyon (4nov2009).
http://www.heavylaw.com/r138-Epica-Ambe ... asons.html
(French written)

It's not bad at all, she just found that Henning "overplayed" a bit too much the dark side of Sons of Seasons but other than that she praises the energy, professionalism and quality of the band on stage. :)

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pharaoh of Seasons

That's really good!
And maybe a bit true, sometimes I just have to laugh about how evil Henning wants to be :P

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm Elthyra - Mowgli, terror of spammers AND savior of the Chatbox.

Quote:
Tue May 11 2010 Admin talking about the Netherlands:"It's pretty flat there, 'guess they sold the mountains when they needed money for the war against Spain."

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 pm
Site Admin

Could someone translate the review and post it?

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of Seasons

I didn't think translating would be so hard, but here we go:
(this is a quick and rough translation, probably full of grammar mistakes. I put parenthesis around expressions I wasn't really sure about. This is only the part of Sons of Seasons, because translating the whole thing would take me days)

Sons of Seasons:
To the young German band Sons of Seasons (goes the honor of starting the entire tour's concerts). Obviously, some might say that it is because Oliver Palotai, founder of the band, is the lucky guy who's going out with the sublime Simone Simons. Yes, there's probably some of that. But we must not forget that Oliver is also Kamelot's keyboardist, Doro's guitarist and the composer of Gods of Vermin, an album that has managed to earn its place on the 2009 metal scene... and not just because Simone is on the cover of the digipack version. Simone did not sing laong them that night, even if some people expected her to. Sons of Seasons is a full-fledged band and the musicians have (every intention to defend their interests)

Very energetic, they started a performance whose quality did not waver during the thirty minutes they were allotted. A lot of professionalism, technique, and overall a good mobility... no doubt, Sons of Seasons had a great scenic potential. Whether or not you appreciate their music, on the boundaries of symphonic, progressive and heavy, and a rather dark and unhealthy dimension, the quality of their performance cannot be disputed. Oliver Palotai provides the guitar and a few keyboard solos, however he stays in the background and does not speak: it's Henning Basse who leads the band and becomes its spokesman. Excellent singer (he's also part of Metalium) and very energetic, his attitudes and provocative words can however be annoying. Henning 'overplays' the dark side of Sons of Seasons, and to me this is not to his advantage. However his humor is sometimes effective and you can feel how happy he is on stage, even filming the audience for a brief instant. If the audience is enthusiastic enough in the first few rows, the back of the room however sits limply, waiting for something else...

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:31 pm
King of Seasons

Thanks a lot for the translation, Elthyra! :)

(Wait, he filmed the audience? Where's the clip, internet, tell me!)

I think ‘forever’ just falls into fiction
And our hopes belong to the past

http://www.myspace.com/wreak_ing_havoc

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:48 pm
Pharaoh of Seasons

Thank you for the translation, overall a good review.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm Elthyra - Mowgli, terror of spammers AND savior of the Chatbox.

Quote:
Tue May 11 2010 Admin talking about the Netherlands:"It's pretty flat there, 'guess they sold the mountains when they needed money for the war against Spain."

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:03 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the translation. Honestly, I have a pretty good view from stage and there was not one audience with the crowd waiting 'limply' :D . Wonder how someone within the crowd can oversee that. Seems to reflect more a personal opinion...

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Daughter of Seasons

thanks a lot Elthyra, i had no time for translating and you were faster than me :)

yep i agree, i had a perfect view on the back of the crowd from where i was and only the very back of the room was calm - which is always the case in that venue, where there's always a few people standing near the bar and watching calmly, even during Epica... But the audience was good, especially the second day when the atmosphere was incredible from the very first minutes on!
The author of the review is a photographer as well, so she was most likely at the back of the room rather than within the crowd.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Child of Seasons

a new one (i hope so )

http://www.blogcatalog.com/blog/lebmeta ... fab4d8d5b3

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 pm
Child of Seasons

a new one

http://www.metalfan.ro/albume/gods-of-vermin-1431.html

from romania :DD - rated 7.5/10

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next