It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:07 am

Fanclub for SoS 
Daughter of Seasons

Post Re: Fanclub for SoS
Hey all!

contrary to appearences, the fanclub/fansite topic has not be forgotten at all and i'd like to revive the discussion on it, asking for your opinion about my last thoughts.

fortunately, and thanks to you all fans, many promoting platforms for Sons of Seasons have been created on myspace, facebook, live journal etc., and many countries are already represented. that's fantastic, and very nice to see so much support for this amazing band! :yourock1:

i still strongly think, though, that a "global fanthing" is necessary, and would be more and more useful as Sons of Seasons fan nation keeps on growing - and i'm sure it will! let's not talk about the fanclub (by Fanclub i mean a real association, a corporate body with legal statuses and all) since the 2 first members who planned to create it with me seem no longer interested in it. let's see what the future brings about this... But we can definitely bring up an International Fansite!

an address already exists for it: http://www.childrenofseasons.com. i took it 2 years ago and it was actually meant to be the fansite of the French fanclub. but then, months later we shared some thoughts with Xandra, about calling the myspaces "Children of Seasons German Division", "French Division", etc... Because indeed, wouldn't it be nice that the "Children of Seasons" just name all Sons of Seasons fans - and if i remember well, that was also how Oliver liked it! so......... i'm thinking of a global fan site, with all usual content (news, photos, interviews, fan stuff etc etc etc), written in different languages, and to which anybody could refer. One site to get all fans & countries together, one site to link them all, one site to bring them all and in the darkness bind th... oops, sorry :mrgreen: but you see the idea!! :P

now, to the point: i can make the design of the site and work on some content but i have to face it: i can never do everything myself. I'm talking about a site that would be x 3 or 4: let's start with English and German for now, and maybe French and Spanish later. There will be content to bring (interviews with translations, normal content of the site: titles, texts, ... everything) in every language; and then, i can copy paste it and bring up the related part. That only - the creation itself - will already be a lot of work; even for the French part i won't be able to work on enough content myself. So i would need your help for all of this - same thing for the "news page" of each section; i won't have time to make the updates for all parts every time so it means than some other people would have access to the server, and update the site. That would be a big team work - but a great and worthy project, uh?!!

so.... who'd be in?? :D

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Pharaoh of Seasons

I'm in.
But only for the dutch inteviews translations and vice versa.
But you have to learn me how to update it and everything. Also for the English part I'm in.
French German and Spanish are just languages I just can't seem to learn...

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm Elthyra - Mowgli, terror of spammers AND savior of the Chatbox.

Quote:
Tue May 11 2010 Admin talking about the Netherlands:"It's pretty flat there, 'guess they sold the mountains when they needed money for the war against Spain."

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:00 am
King of Seasons

Sounds like a great idea to me! One aspect of music that I appreciate a lot is that it brings people together, not just on a national but also on an international level. An trans-national SoS fanpage/fanclub/fanthing makes sense :)

However I'm not sure I correctly understand where you are heading with this: do you intend to simply create an international version of all those "SoS Germany/France/..." pages that exist, or do you want it to be more like a fanclub, where people pay a certain sum of money to have access to some members-only content on the site?

I personally would gladly support and help you if it's the former (the concept of paid fanclub membership eludes me, though). What I'd be able to do is: German, English and Spanish translations & site texts, graphics/layout (although I haven't practised my GIMP skills in a long time *g*) and any kind of creative support you need.

And also, another question, if you want to make it an all-access free site: who pays for the server space?

I think ‘forever’ just falls into fiction
And our hopes belong to the past

http://www.myspace.com/wreak_ing_havoc

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:09 am
King of Seasons

I could also offer my help regarding English and German. :P

All in all I still think it's a great idea! :D I'm just not sure how realistic the chances are to really pull such a huge and ambitious project off. The Sons Of Seasons fandom is still very small.

The main problem I see is, that we would need a person, or a small group of persons, to coordinate things. It's one thing to have lots of people to contribute, but you need someone to organize and to keep things together. To do this you need a lot of energy and time. It's very hard to find someone who fits these criterias.

In General I prefer the idea of lots of different sites like we do it on MySpace. The responsibilities are spread on lots of peple. With a project that binds all together, the responsibilities are laying on very few shoulders and when those fail, the whole project is doomed.

And please note - I'm always the sceptic. I can't help it. :lol:

----
http://www.myspace.com/kamelot_germany
http://www.myspace.com/xandra73

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:14 pm
Profile WWW