It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Articles & reviews 
Child of Seasons

Post Re: Articles & reviews
Found this one tonight on the web....

http://kuz-saegewerk.de/events.php?suba ... m=&ucat=2&

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:04 am
Child of Seasons

another link...

http://carlbegai.com/2009/04/10/sons-of ... o-be-king/

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:02 pm
Child of Seasons

and another one (but we need Oliver's help to understand it lool)

http://www.zwaremetalen.com/recensie/12 ... ermin.html

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:18 pm
Pharaoh of Seasons

mephisto wrote:
and another one (but we need Oliver's help to understand it lool)

http://www.zwaremetalen.com/recensie/12 ... ermin.html

Or mine ^__^ It is dutch and well... I'm Dutch..

I'm reading now. Done Reading :D
Owki this one you're not gonna like..

They say it is a dark album with very strong songs but from the Piper it start to get down a bit. As always from zwaremetalen they give more comment on how bad the album is instead of giving the possitive sides of it.
They say that it is a promising band but it has a dark touch because it will always be in the shadows...

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm Elthyra - Mowgli, terror of spammers AND savior of the Chatbox.

Quote:
Tue May 11 2010 Admin talking about the Netherlands:"It's pretty flat there, 'guess they sold the mountains when they needed money for the war against Spain."

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:15 am
Child of Seasons

Hi :) I found this interview tonight... and they add a little video at the end :oops:

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showintervie ... 57&lang=en

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:18 am
Prince of Seasons

Thanks Mephisto for posting that. Love the video you put together!

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 am
Child of Seasons

thx ! love it too :D dreamin' of making another one totally based on SoS....

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:13 am
Child of Seasons

new review ...

http://www.reflectionsofdarkness.com/in ... &Itemid=44

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:36 pm
Daughter of Seasons

thanks for posting all these links Meph :grouphug:

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Child of Seasons

Hi, MPK from SOIL CHRONICLES :

SOIL CHRONICLES

http://www.soilchronicles.fr/

Itw of SONS OF SEASONS, with Oliver:

""" 1/ You’re a new band on the planet Metal, what can you explain us to retrace your history? Where do you come from? What are your aspirations? Why “Sons of Seasons”?
Wow, many questions in one. Ok, one after the other. We are a fairly new band and released our debut “Gods Of Vermin” in the middle of 2009 at Napalm Records. I founded the band beginning of 2007, started with songwriting and searching for the right persons to fit the line- up. I was and still am a member of many internationally touring bands: Currently Kamelot and Doro, in the past Uli Jon Roth, CircleIICircle or Blaze Bayley. Besides I am producing, orchestrating and arranging in Metal, Jazz and classical music. Sons Of Seasons is something like my personal playground for writing songs without any limits.

2/ Is “Sons Of Seasons” really a group, or a side project of Oliver? Is Oliver “the brain” of Sons of seasons?
It is real band, no project. I wrote the songs of Gods Of Vermin, yes, with contributions from Tijs Vanneste (Oceans Of Sadness), Simone Simons (Epica) and our singer, Henning Basse. For the next album I hope that our new guitarist, Pepe Pierez, brings in some cool ideas.

3/ Doro, Kamelot, Blaze Bailey, Metalium... You’ve got no musical experiences? (Killing joke)
This is only the Metal part of my history. I’ve studied classical music and Jazz and I am still very active in those styles, too. Regarding the skills of the musicians in Sons Of Seasons it was important that they could communicate on a certain level, especially during rehearsals. All can read sheet music and have no problem with complex stuff. Makes everything so much easier.

4/ Napalm Records for your first album, it’s a choice or or chance?
I am not sure if I understand this question correctly. I’ve contacted a few labels after I’ve finished the pre- production of Gods Of Vermin. The communication with Napalm Records was definitely the best, they showed a lot of interest and had a plan for the future of the band.

5/ How would you define your kind of music? Symphonic Metal ?
I don’t like labels for music so much, categorizing it. Also the reviewers had a hard time finding the right stylistic category – which is good, haha. We call it Dark Symphonic Metal since we needed some kind of name.

6/ And what can you tell us about the studio sessions? Do you agree with the final result?
It was important to me that the CD would be a real band- made album. You would be surprised how many people are sometimes working in the background when it comes to making an album. Every musician in Sons Of Seasons recorded a lot of CDs in their lives, but mainly as studio musicians. For Gods Of Vermin we did almost everything ourselves, including booking train tickets up to co- mixing it. That was a valuable but sometimes difficult experience. I am looking forward to the second album because we can plan things better then.

6/ “Gods of vermin” for example... Are you dark and mystic? What are the inspirations of your music and lyrics?
My inspirations come from literature, history and local folklore. I read a lot, so that is an important part of it.

7/ Henning is a “fuckin great voice of metal”!!! You don’t think so???
No doubt. I heard him first in Japan, where he was lead vocalist for Firewind, supporting Kamelot. I thought that he was one the best live singers I have ever seen. Incredible, strong voice. So I asked him if he would be interested in something new.

8/ What about the reviews and critics concerning your first album? Are you interesting and concerned by what is reading about Sons Of Seasons?
I was mainly surprised how positive it all was. Our music is pretty complex and I know how many CDs music journalists get every week to review. You can’t listen to Gods Of Vermin only once and then judge it fairly. We received many really high ratings, including several Newcomer Of The Month awards. Of course not all were great. Some people obviously expected another Kamelot album; that was never the plan, anyway.

9/ Simone Simons, Mark Jansen are your friends... What are your relations witn Epica? And for our readers, who is Tijs Vanneste?
Tijs is the singer of Oceans Of Sadness. He was also, for a very short period, the singer of Sons Of Seasons. An incredible front man live, by the way! Epica and Mark I knew from when they just started the band and supported Doro. Besides, Simone is my girl friend and we live together in Germany. She’s always the first to hear and judge my songs.

10/ I really think, that your music will be appreciate by french people. What is your opinion about that?
I have a special relationship with France. I spent a lot of time there, during school times, many vacations and later on during tours. The French audience is very sophisticated and complex music more appreciated than elsewhere. Our French fan club was the first one of all. We just played in Toulouse, Lyon and Paris and I hope we can return as soon as possible.

11/ What can you say about the tour with Epica and Amerian Dawn?
It was a good package and all went well on a personal level. It is not easy if you have only half an hour to present yourself to an audience who never heard about you and mainly came for the headliner. But I rarely had a tour which was so consistently good. There really was not one weak gig.

12/ I Was in the “transbordeur” at Lyon, on 4th november. A very good prestation of Sons Of Seasons, but i found you... “Shy”!!! And surprised after the live by autographs, and pics? (With my children for example? Laughin’)... Is Sons of Season ready to fight in the planet of Metal?
Hm, maybe I had my shy day, haha. I sometimes retreat into my “bubble” during a tour because you just don’t have any privacy for weeks. But communication with the fans and their feedback is very, very important to me. We went out to talk to the people every night.

13/ What do you like to say to your french fans (and to the orthers)???
It sounds cheesy because most of the bands say that, but we appreciate any honest support from the fans. File sharing and illegal downloading ruined the music industry in the past years, and the victims were mainly the artists. Especially for newcomers on the scene it is incredibly tough these days. The myth of the rich rock star is exactly that: A myth!

14/ Latests words are yours...
Just, again, that I am looking forward to return to France as soon as possible. I am crazy about French cheese, haha. That in combination with good concerts is all I need."""

FRENCH VERSION :
http://www.soilchronicles.fr/report.php?rid=180

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next